Thank you for your overwhelming love and support for this cause. I am very excited to launch this site and raise funds AND awareness for brain tumor research and support.
Through this website I will keep you up to date of progress concerning fundraising, training, how you can continue to support the cause, how you can join in and so much more!
The Ride 4 Jess will be held October 8, 2011 (location TBD). It will be a 12 hour stationary bike ride that will raise funds and awareness for the National Brain Tumor Society's annual walk in DFW in November.
There are many ways you can help and support the cause:
1. Spread the word! There is no greater way to get involved than to share this exciting event and cause with others! Without your help in this area the event will not be a success.
- Grab the button on the top right of the homepage; save the image and link up to my fundraising page or Ride 4 Jess blog.
- Share on FB, Twitter, 4 square (I have no idea what that is by the way), message in a bottle, carrier pigeon, you get the idea......
- Blog about this site :) Would love to touch any and everyone possible so please feel free to share liberally
2. DONATE! Obviously this event is to raise funds for the NBTS, a non profit group that you can read about in the "About The Cause" section. You can click on the Ride 4 Jess logo to be taken directly to my fundraising page in which all funds donated goes directly to the NBTS.
3. RIDE with ME! Details about this will be ever developing; but I'm hoping to have the event in a public venue, bring your bike, bring your trainer and let's set in for the long haul! If you can't be in DFW to ride; you can ride from home!
4. WALK with US!! Our team FACING GIANTS will be in FULL EFFECT this year at the DFW Brain Tumor walk on November 5. If you are in town join us to walk; or you can join as a virtual participant. (or even check to see if there is a walk in your area!)
5. Your thoughts, prayers, etc are greatly appreciated as we embark on this inaugural event. I hope that we can have much love and support from you, your readers, your friends, your family and KICK CANCERS BUTT!!!!
Thank you again for supporting this effort!